Read this guide to learn how to fix the “iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” issue. Whenever Apple launches a new iOS update, millions of users worldwide immediately try to connect to its servers for the Update. It naturally builds up huge traffic on Apple’s site, often preventing your device from connecting with the server.
After getting the reasons of this error, I started to look for solutions. You can also download IPSW files manually from third-party sites such as IPSW.me, which you can then use to downgrade the system software on the iPhone and iPad. You’ll see several DMG (Apple Disk Image) and PLIST (Property List) files, including a folder holding the iPhone, iPad, or iPod firmware, if you ever choose to extract one.
Please check all the cable connections and try again. An internal error occurred (Unexpected data length). “If you are still having problems, send a service report to Victron Energy. An internal error occurred (Opcode not supported). Please send a service report to Victron Energy.
- She likes browsing and writing IT-related articles, and is committed to becoming a professional IT problem solver.
- What does “incompatible firmware file” mean?
- Olena’s favorite device is the Apple Watch Ultra because it can survive all her adventures and travels, and even her furbabies.
- Just click the Download button to initiate the operation process.
- No/invalid Firmware data found for instance in the update file.
- Updates can not be performed with a DMC connected.
The updater does not know how to handle them. This firmware is too old, firmware make sure you have the latest version and try again. An internal error occured (Version mismatch).
Make sure to also pay attention to its endurance rating, typically drive writes per day (DWPD) or terabytes written (TBW). As soon as you hit enter on your keyboard, diskutil will attempt to repair the volume and report back to you when it’s done. Hopefully, the repair has been successful, but if it isn’t there’s one more tool you can try, and we describe how to use it in the next step.